Monday, August 22, 2011

More Calabash Design

One of the many wonderful things about my NY/Calabash friends second home is that it’s so comfortable in a totally uncluttered way.  They have a fabulous screened porch (perfect to watch fireworks from) that in my opinion is just perfect for lounging on a nice plush sofa with a fabulous book.  Since it’s not 100% weather proof though it would need outdoor friendly furniture….I have a vision.
While adventure hunting in Calabash we were heading for Island Classic Interiors and I literally did a U-turn in the middle of the road when I saw a really cool bamboo patio set outside of Almost New Consignment.  I decided…Lisa had to have this for her screened porch…it was PERFECT!!! 
Almost New Consignments
6692 Beach Drive, Ocean Isle Beach NC
Isn't that sofa just an invitation to relax with a good book?
She didn’t so much agree but we did have fun looking at all of the other treasures at Almost New.  There were so many possibilities for someone needing to furnish a home on the cheap (I mean budget conscious).  
Furniture that is more contemporary in its age than necessarily in its design - there were quite a few pieces I would most definitely live with. 
Nice selection of Dash & Albert and Company C
Rugs..would add great color to any room!
Since I was limited in suitcase space (darn it, I really need to buy a larger suitcase don’t I) I settled on a beautiful blue plate that adds the perfect pop of color to my almost finished dining room.
Love that this has a seaglass-look quality to it!
Next stop was our initial intended destination Island Classic Interiors on Ocean Isle Beach.  What a lovely little shop – all I could think of was Earnest Hemingway (see his Key West house by following this link to Lulo Design's Blog) while I was perusing the British Colonial with a Beach Flair feel of this shop. 

I got so many ideas from this shop…I’ll never have enough time to execute everything I want to “knock off” for my house. 
I am so going to make this shade!
The striping on this brings such a updated look to this
very classic style...again a great way to bring some color
to a room.
 It might just be easier to sell my house and move in to this shop…do you think they would mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, thank you so much for commenting.