Monday, April 29, 2013

Nirvana on a Sunday Morning at Todd Farm


What is a better way to spend an early Sunday morning than meandering aimlessly through a flea market, coffee in hand enjoying the relaxed pace of other marketers walking dogs, chatting & admiring the wares?  Yeah, I can’t think of many better ways either.

Todd Farm Flea Market
Route 1A, Rowley MA
Loved these "rustic" rusty shopping baskets

So last Sunday, I headed to the Todd Farm Antique Flea Market in Rowley MA and was not disappointed.  You may remember my pals & I tried to go to Todd Farm last spring but we were rained out…so we went with a “plan B” on that particular day (you can read about that day here).

I'm not sure if this is authentic but it sure looks like an Enid Collins handbag...Fun!
oooohhhh la la look at the bling...so many lovelies

Todd Farm is open every Sunday (barring rain apparently :) from April to November from 5:30 am to 3 pm and from all accounts the best advice folks have is “get there early”.  Well, If you've been following me for a bit you may know by now I have my own philosophy about this “early bird” tactic….if it’s not there when I get there I didn’t need it to begin with…spoken by someone with a house full of goodies of course.


So I arrived just after 9am (my definition of being out & about early on a Sunday).  I’m sure there were a ton of wonderful things I missed out on but I certainly didn’t feel like there was a lack of fabulous goodies to draw me in.


Definitely tempting!

I always have my standards that I am on the hunt for (dishes, jewelry, artwork...) and my latest must have is a silver ice bucket.

Kelly from The Essence of Home shared this pic of her kitchen last year...I was instantly in love
photo source

About a year ago I had spotted this bit of fabulousness on The Essence of Home and have been obsessed with finding an ice bucket and totally ripping Kelly’s idea off.  In all of my travels over the last year I have seen quite a few ice buckets but not the perfect one and certainly not one that was at the perfect price.

Imagine my excitement when I spotted this little beauty…not an ice bucket but it certainly fits the bill for fabulousness.  But with no price on it I hedged…I was so sure it was priced out of what I wanted to spend…I mean it was perfect right?

Yup - she came home with me!

So I circled the block a couple of times, sorted through what I was so sure she was going to ask ($75)…I mean, I’ve seen these in the shops.  And I made up my mind what the max price I would pay was ($20)….not a chance right?

My timing must have been right…I asked the price and I had to ask her to repeat when she said $15…couldn’t be right….but it was.  I quickly got my cash out before she had a chance to change her mind and off I went with the perfect utensil holder and a huge grin.

My cluttered countertop before...for someone who hates counter clutter (me) I sure did have quite
a collection going here.

I was so excited that it ended up being my only purchase of the day but I did spend another couple of hours walking the grounds of Todd Farm and thoroughly enjoying the morning.

My new counter set up...oh so much better...now just to purge some of those extra spatula's




7 comments:

  1. How do you clean this piece? What exactly is it made of????????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. What a great way to spend a Sunday! Stopping by from Tuesdays at Home. Have a great week. Blessings, Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun place to shop! I love all the jewelry and the teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, what a fabulous flea market, and so many wonderful things to see. Love, love, love your silver pitcher, it is gorgeous and so perfect to hold kitchen items. I would love for you to link to my Inspire Me party that is ongoing.
    http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/04/162nd-inspire-me-tuesday.html
    Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treasure you found! I love that you are using it instead of storing it away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh fantastic finds!! And my kinda place to shop!!! Thanks so much for sharing this week at Project Inspire{d} :)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with the rusty horse head what a unique piece! Looks like a great place to find bargains if only it wasnt on the other side of the world :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, thank you so much for commenting.